Dubai is a bustling metropolis where comfort and luxury come first. In particular, you need to have access to reliable and modern vehicles. Whether you’re an ordinary resident or a tourist exploring the city, you’ll want to rent GMC Denali in Dubai (or any other suitable car model of your choice) to ensure maximum freedom of movement. But car rental is a challenging task. In this article, we offer to explore a complete guide on how to find the right car for you, as well as provide sound advice on driving in the Emirates.
Why you should rent a car in the Emirates: the main advantages
Dubai is famous for its sights, colorful architecture and very pleasant climate. To explore its beauty, it is worth hiring a car. Although public transportation is available here, you should ensure maximum comfort and mobility. The benefits of renting are as follows:
- Exploring the sights of the city. Dubai has many skyscrapers, traditional souks and other beautiful places to visit.
- Comfort and freedom of movement. With a rental car at your disposal, you no longer have to be tied to public transportation schedules. You can plan your route, make spontaneous stops and so on.
- Optimal time allocation. Dubai boasts a well-developed road network and modern infrastructure so you can get from one end of the city to the other without any problems.
But you must choose the right company to appreciate all the advantages of renting a car. In this situation, it is worth considering several nuances.
How to rent a car in the UAE: basic rules
If you are going to rent a car, then during the selection of a suitable company should be guided by the following criteria:
- Reputation. It is best to rent a car from a company with a positive reputation and a high customer rating. Therefore, consider checking the reviews.
- Variety of car fleet. Check which car rental options are offered: from economy-class cars for tourists with a limited budget to luxury options for those who want to get the maximum high-class driving experience.
- Rental terms and pricing policy. You can often rent a car for any necessary time – from 1 day to several months. All conditions are negotiated individually with the company.
It is worth noting that renting a car is also worth preparing the necessary documents and other things. It should be handled before arriving in the country or concluding a deal with the company.
Requirements for renting a car in the UAE
Most often, to lease a car, you need to have the following documents:
- Driver’s license. You must have a driver’s license to move around in a rented car. Tourists must provide an international license, which is quoted in the UAE.
- A credit card with a sufficient amount of money for deposit. Most companies offering rental cars require a credit card for the customer to leave a deposit.
Pay attention to the fact that fines for violations during driving are on the client. In the Emirates, everything is strict, and cameras are located on numerous roads.
Additional tips for those who want to rent a car in the Emirates
If you are going to hire a car, it is also worth considering our following tips for those who are doing it for the first time:
- Inspect the car. Before you pick up your car and hit the road, check the car for any damage. If there are any, document them so there are no problems when you return it later.
- Explore insurance options. A standard rental agreement includes car insurance. In any case, it’s worth researching exactly what it includes and finding out about possible additional cover.
- No alcohol or drugs behind the wheel. The Emirates has a very strict policy on the use of drugs and alcohol while driving. The permissible blood alcohol concentration is 0%. Any violation can involve penalties of fines, imprisonment and deportation.
- Always wear a seat belt. The country takes travel safety very seriously, so it’s a good idea to buckle up the driver and the other passengers in the car. Otherwise, you can be fined quite a lot of money.
- Always respect the speed limit. The roads of the United Arab Emirates often have maximum speed limits. Warnings about this are most often posted prominently on city roads, highways, and residential areas. Exceeding the speed limit is regarded as reckless driving. Therefore, some radars record the car’s speed at certain intervals on the road.
If you adhere to all these rules, traveling by rented car in Dubai will be as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
Renting a vehicle in Dubai allows you to discover incredible opportunities to explore the always bustling city. If you choose the right car rental company and heed some of our above tips, your journey in the Emirates will be as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Just get behind the wheel and start your amazing trip!
Read Also: How To Plan a Luxury Family Holiday to Dubai